White-Collar Crime Attorney in Plano, TX
Strong Defense for Complex Cases in Collin County, Frisco, & McKinney
The penalties associated with white-collar crime cases no longer include a light slap on the wrist — now, if you are convicted of a white-collar crime, you can face serious jail time and heavy fines. If you have been charged with a white-collar crime, you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows how to fight for you.
At the Law Office of Mac Morris, we provide our clients with comprehensive criminal defense services. We handle white-collar crime cases with a zealous courtroom presence and thorough attention to detail.
What Is a White-Collar Crime?
A white-collar crime is best described as a nonviolent act that is perpetrated solely for financial gain. Though the term “white-collar” suggests that only the affluent can commit these crimes, anyone from any social status can be involved.
The most common examples include:
- Blackmail: This is the act of extorting money from an individual by threat of exposing an illegal or disreputable act from that person’s past.
- Bribery: To offer someone, often a public official, money in the hopes that it changes that person’s behavior for your benefit.
- Embezzlement: This is the act of stealing someone else’s property or money from a person in a position of trust.
- Fraud: There are different types of fraud cases, including banking, insurance, healthcare and corporate fraud.
- Insider trading: Insider trading takes place when an individual acts on stock information that was gained through an illegal source.
- Money laundering: This is the act of concealing the source of money obtained illegally.
- Tax evasion: When you underpay or neglect to pay your taxes, you can be charged with tax evasion, which carries severe penalties.
Hire a Defense Lawyer Today
A white-collar crime can bring serious fines and jail time if you are convicted.
If you need help fighting these charges, call the Law Office of Mac Morris or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.